The key to eating well comes down to preparing your food.
If you are unorganised then it is highly likely you will:
1. Grab food on the run.
Food that is quick and cheap, is usually high in sugar and lacking in nutrients.
2. Binge eat.
You may think you haven't eat much throughout the day but then you come home (or go out) and eat two days' worth of meals in one hit.
3. Under eat.
This can cause some body types to go into fat storage mode, as it is under stress.
Preparing your food for the week isn't as time consuming as it sounds. It just takes an hour of your time on a Sunday to pre-cook a few things and the food into containers to refrigerate.
Here is what I do every Sunday to prepare my meals for the week.
TIPS ONE TO FIVE
1. Cook 3 - 4 cups of rice in the rice cooker.
2. Cook 1 cup of quinoa in rice cooker.
3. Cook 3 serves of chicken.
4. Portion out chobani yogurt and berries into containers and keep in fridge. Sprinkle with cocoa and stevia.
5. Portion out nuts into bags- ready to grab and go!
*Let your rice, quinoa and chicken cool down a bit, then pop into BPA free container. Refrigerate.
TIPS SIX TO TEN
6. Make a big batch of veggie soup or veggie and chicken soup. Portion it into containers and freeze.
7. Keep fresh fruit in the fridge or in a bowl in the kitchen, ready for you to grab on the run.
8. Better yet, blend 2 or 3 days worth of some of your favourite fruits together and keep your fruit smoothie in the fridge in water bottles.
9. Keep food at work. If you don't have time to prepare lunch, then head to the supermarket and buy some ham or chicken, salad, Coles lite wraps, avocado and keep the food in the fridge at work.
10. Lastly, shop at the same time every week. It becomes a habit and therefore you putting time aside to do it. Look forward to going to the supermarket, or better yet, shop online! Don't make it something you dread or else you won't prioritise it!
If you would like to find out more information on how to eat well or how to lose weight, check out our Summer Bodies are made in Winter program.
Alternatively, you can fill out your health and fitness goals online and we'll be in touch to discuss how we can help you achieve them.