Remember when we were known as 'the garden state'?
Even though we are all freezing our butts off, no matter what season it is, the great out-doors always looks ah-mazing in Melbourne!
My top 3 favourite (south-side) Melbourne running tracks:
1. Elwood and St Kilda Foreshore. Going for a jog while the sun is setting, is absolute bliss.
2. The Tan, Melbourne. The fact you can run or walk 4 km without seeing the same thing twice, is a bonus for me!
3. Albert Park. City skyline always in sight. A place where you will see many other joggers doing their thang, night or day.
My top 5 (south-side) Melbourne parks. In no particular order...
1. Como Park North, South Yarra. I'm bias because MFW trains here. But this new found spot is right by the river and next to a cafe. What more could a girl want?
2. St Kilda Botanical Gardens. Big hedges, beautiful rose bushes and a lake. The perfect place for a picnic.
3. Gasworks Park, Port Melbourne. This one is for all the dog lovers out there. It is also a great spot to sun bathe if the beach is too windy. Lot's of trees and a BBQ area too.
4. Fawkner Park. Another MFW training spot. Green luscious grass, city skyline in view and sooooooo much space to run wild (or make your clients run wild!).
5. Brighton Beach Foreshore, end of North Rd. A great Summer family hang out. Beach, playground, running and bike track...oh and a cafe to grab a bite to eat. Unlike some spots along the foreshore, it doesn't get as windy here.
We'd love to hear any suggestions for great running tracks or outdoor spaces on the north, east or west-side!